Odd hardware problem

Stefan Kuhlemann kuhlemann at nefkom.net
Mon Jul 24 15:56:40 UTC 2006

PFJ schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I have a dual processor x86 box rescued from a school which wanted to
> ditch it. The machine works fine and the discs are happy. It's quite
> nice.

maindboard manufactor?
mainboard type?

> I've installed FC5 on it without a problem (other than the video card
> not being recognised, which I'm not that bothered about as it's only
> going to be used as a buildsys for FE).

Some other special hardware in the PCI-slot`s, like an ISDN-Card,
SCSI-controller, .....?

> However, on reboot, the machine is failing to recognise the keyboard -

Direct after the reboot (so you can`t access the bios), or after the
kernel initialisation?
> absolutely nothing happens if I press the caps lock (no light on the
> keyboard) or Num Lock (no light again).

Mhmmm.
PS/2 or USB keyboard?

- Have you already tried another keybord?
- Have you tried to use instead of PS/2 / USB the opposite?
- is the bios up2date?

I guess, you do the reboot by 'init  6' - so it would be interesting, if
this problem still exists, when you use the reset button (hopefully you
have one ;-) )

Stefan

--
"The amazing thing about technology is it's a product of human creativity, and we'll never run out of that."
Richard H. (Dick) Lampman