Steve Hanselman SteveH at
Tue Jul 25 10:32:54 UTC 2006

You need php-devel

You can use yum to sort this sort of thing in future by using yum

yum provides phpise

This will tell you what package you need to install.

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces at] On Behalf Of Paul Howarth
Sent: 18 July 2006 21:12
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: PECL in FC5

On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 14:48 -0400, Derek C Hopkins wrote:
> At 02:07 PM 18/07/2006, you wrote:
> >
> >Paul Howarth wrote:
> > >
> > > phpize is in the php-devel package IIRC.
> > >
> > > Paul.
> > >

> >It is, thanks.
> Hi    Shwing that I am new to Linux   what does IIRC stand for please?

A google search quickly turns up a bunch of useful sites, including this

fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list at
To unsubscribe:

The information contained in this email is intended for the personal and confidential use
of the addressee only. It may also be privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient then you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and
that any review, distribution or copying of this document is strictly prohibited. If you have
received  this communication in error, please notify Brendata immediately on:

+44 (0)1268 466100, or email 'technical at'

Brendata (UK) Ltd
Nevendon Hall, Nevendon Road, Basildon, Essex. SS13 1BX  UK
Registered Office as above. Registered in England No. 2764339

See our current vacancies at