MSI K8NGM2 and FC 5

Keith A. Clay clayk at acu.edu
Tue Jul 25 11:51:29 UTC 2006

Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> On 7/24/06, Chong Yu Meng <chongym at cymulacrum.net> wrote:
>
> Actually, I'd recommend just the opposite.  This sounds like a BIOS
> bug to me.  Also, I'm guessing that Keith meant PCIE not PCI-X (i
> don't think this board even has a PCI-X slot).

You are correct.  I installed windows xp prof and updated the bios.
Windows had no problem finding the video card and worked fine.  When I
do a graphical install, it probes for video card and finds the nvidia IE
bridge, goes to start x, I get a mouse and a black screen and it never
goes to the fedora install screen.

I've tried both FC 4 and FC 5 and neither installs.  4 starts the
install and dies b/c it can't read a file even though it validates the
cd.  I'm doing the 64bit install not 32.

keith