Mail Server

thierry itty thierry.itty at besancon.org
Tue Jul 25 12:50:51 UTC 2006

Vinayak Mahadevan a écrit :

>I would like to host a mail server for my company using FC 5. What are the
>steps I have to follow to do this. If there is a manual for setting up an
>email server please give me the link.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Vinayak

I'd advise you just as Jay did : try courier-mta

It's not the one I prefer, but regarding your knowledge about mail
servers, there are many features included and it's quite easy to administer
now everything depends on your enterprise size and needs, handling a
complete and full featured mail system is a job by itself

If you have some time or don't want a choice not of your own, I'd
suggest you to read about mail servers functions (just a basic mta with
pop3, or imap, ldap auth, several mail domains, automatic routing,
anti-viruses or anti-spam, etc, etc), then when you have a good idea of
how far and how wide a mail system can be, check with your boss what
he/she wants for the company, then make your choices.

hth