WOT: Scripting Question[Scanned]

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Jul 27 18:15:44 UTC 2006

Chris Bradford schrieb:

> Unfortunately in my environment I still have a few windows (yes i
> know!) servers, and on one of them I am trying to make a script that
> will interpret a text file called 'disc.txt' that looks like this:
>
>                   jo tynan                 15  Disc
> wdica                                 KIML                      1
> Disc    wdica
> sararyan                  6  Disc    rdpwd
> *There ARE spaces at the beginning of each line for some reason.*
>
> The file is generated every hour by the command:
>
> qwinsta /SERVER:servername | find "Disc" > disc.txt

I wouldn't have expected "find" in this command. Wouldn't that be "grep"?

> Is there a way that I can pick out just the number, which is a session
> number, on each line and remove the text? Maybe remove all other
> characters? Or just pick out them number on each line for use in a
> later command.
>
> Then, I would like a command to be run for every number in the text
> file, I assume something like this would work:
>
> for "i" in textfilename run a_script_name
>
> The command that needs to be run for each session number is:
>
> rwinsta /SERVER:servername number_from_above_file

 > -Chris

while read line
    do rwinsta /SERVER:servername $(echo $line | awk '{print $3}')
done < disc.txt

Not sure you want to have the "disc.txt" file any pupose. If not you
could do both steps (qwinsta and rwinsta) in one step.

Alexander