OT:Cybercafe Manager/Timer

sysadmin sysadmin at drc.co.ke
Thu Jul 27 15:26:05 UTC 2006

Guy Fraser said:
> On Thu, 2006-27-07 at 15:38 +0300, sysadmin wrote:
>> Hi all. Kindly is there someone who knows where i can download cybercafe
>>  manager/timer that works in FC.? I have searched the net for the last
>> two weeks with no luck. All that am getting are "M$ windoze"
>> related/based..! Thanks.
> No idea.
> Check out the D-Link Hot Spot gateway and printer, it may do what you want
> without dedicating a machine.

Basically what am looking for is software, server-clients based.Which locks the workstations(clients)and when you want to use the workstation you have to login.Then immediately it starts counting minutes/secs you will use and bills according to the pricing set on the server.On clients side after you login it displays a bar which has a timer counter per secs, on top of your monitor display area.Basically when one is through they logout and their session is registered on the server.

I have some, but all are MS windows based.
David Maina.
Systems/Network Administrator.
P. O. Box 1239 - 20100.
Nakuru, Kenya.
Registered Linux User #407239.
"By golly, I'm beginning to think Linux really *is* the best thing since sliced bread."