smb.conf (a little help please)

hbrhodes hbrhodes at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 02:05:22 UTC 2006

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

>hbrhodes wrote:
>

>>i have been trying to get this working for hours.  i have finally gotten
>>the file to allow me to get to the samba server from a windows machine,
>>however, the thing won't let me write.  Can i get some help please?
>>i've tried the howto's and i think my brain is shutting down.  i've
>>tried trimming down the useless entries to what i have changed.
>>

><----------------------------------[ SNIP ]---------------------------->
>

>>[homes]
>>  comment = Home Directories
>>  browseable = no
>>  writable = yes
>>
>>[R2314]
>>       comment = public files
>>       path = /misc/R2314
>>       writeable = yes
>>       read only = no
>>       browseable = yes
>>       public = no
>>       printable = no
>>       valid users = hbrhodes, klrhodes
>>       create mask = 0765
>>

>Dumb question - can you see hbrhodes and klrhodes home directory?
>(Depending on the Windows user.) Also, can hbrhodes and klrhodes
>write to /misc/R2314? If not, you may want to use "force user" to
>set the uid used when Samba writes to the share.
>
>Mikkel

i can see the home directory and i can see the R2314 directory
contents.  however, it will not let me write to either, and it will not
let me see the files in the directory, it will let me see folders and
sub folders but not files.

--
bentley rhodes		| Southeast Missouri University
hbrhodes1s at semo.edu	| College of Nursing, Spring 2008.