Get postgres to accept network connections

David J. Vernon redhat at
Fri Jul 28 15:40:35 UTC 2006

On Friday 28 July 2006 11:21, Mark Haney wrote:
> gpgkeys: key 6108677D1B5CD002 not found on keyserver
> How do I get postgresql to accept network TCP/IP connections in FC5?
> There's no postmaster.conf file and no option for that in the
> postgresql.conf.

Any chance you have an iptables rule set enabled? Try connecting again after
doing 'service iptables stop'. You can also see what addresses and ports your
system is listening on by doing 'netstat -tul'

pgp(gpg) 0x2BFEBF88