[Fedora] fc5 install

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Fri Jul 28 20:57:31 UTC 2006

Amadeus W. M. wrote:
> I'm about to install FC5, and I was wondering if there are any issues that
> I should know about before I start. Such as having to type garbage at the
> FC4 install boot prompt (remember that?). Thanks
    No problems when I did it.  I have the ISO on an NFS, so all I do is
modify the grub.conf file of the server to be upgraded (adding the
initrd and vmlinuz of FC5 to it), reboot the machine and start the
installation via NFS.  About 15 minutes later it's up and running,
awaiting specific configurations which I pull off of the nightly backups
anyway.  Smooth, fast, and without headaches.