configure fails on gcc?

Morgan Read mstuff at
Sat Jul 29 11:02:19 UTC 2006

Ulrich Drepper wrote:
>> configure:2616: checking for C compiler default output file name
>> configure:2619: gcc    conftest.c -lmimedir  >&5
>> /usr/bin/ld: a.out: hidden symbol `__stack_chk_fail_local' in
>> /usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a(stack_chk_fail_local.oS) is referenced by DSO
>> /usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output
> This means the libmimedir DSO isn't built correctly.  It has an
> undefined symbol __stack_chk_fail_local.  This should not happen.  A
> correctly built DSO pulls this in from libc_nonshared.a.  I guess this
> is no DSO which comes with FC so you have to track down the owner.

Thanks Ulruch - that sounds pretty concrete, but a little over my head:)
- "libmimedir DSO isn't built correctly" in FC5 or
libopensync-plugin-synce?  (Or, libopensync-plugin-synce on FC5?)
- Is "libmimedir DSO" something that should be in FC or
libopensync-plugin-synce?  And, in any case can I get it and install it?

Hope this isn't too much heavy weather:)

Morgan Read

fedora: Freedom Forever!