KMix volume sliders

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sat Jul 29 21:51:00 UTC 2006

    I have an Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 in my system running FC5.
In KMix, everything seems to fall under the PCM (and Master) volume
sliders.  How can I fix it so that when I'm playing MIDI files it routes
through the correct volume slider (whichever that might be) and when I'm
playing MP3, it goes through the PCM one?

    Looking at all the KMix channels available to me, I have:

Wave Center, Wave LFE, Wave Surround,    Master, Headphone, Bass, Treble
(which incidentally don't do anything either one), 3D Control Sigmatel -
Depth, PCM, Center, LFE, PC Speaker, and AC97.  Under the Input tab
there's a whole slew of sliders, and under Switches tab there are a few
more.

    Everything seems to get routed through the PCM channel and I can
control volume using that slider and the Master volume slider.  When I
used this card under WinXP, I was able to get MIDI through the MIDI
channel (or Synth), MP3/Wave through a separate one, and the PC speaker
through a different one, so I could individually control each one.  Is
this possible under unix?