OT: knowledgebase application

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 14:54:22 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-30 at 08:25, Jamie Bohr wrote:
> Well I got Twiki installed and most configured - I think.  Twiki has
> really improved since the last time I used it.  I like the WYSIWYG
> editor.  Now I have to figure out all the permission stuff.  I want to
> lock certain pages (main web page, preferences, ...) but allow people
> is a certain group to create new topics and edit them.  I'll figure it
> out.

In most organizations just requiring a valid-user login to
edit any page is sufficient since everything is logged and
the revision history shows who made each change.  Twiki
defaults to also having an admin group that can change
preferences and making a user's own page only writable
by himself.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com