Help using scripts when USB devices plug-in

Samuel Díaz García samueldg at arcoscom.com
Sun Jul 30 20:19:49 UTC 2006

In case of /dev/video0, the user logged via gdm is the user must have
the permissions.

In case of /dev/ttyACM0, all users logged in the machine (locally,
remote ssh, remote x, local x, etc).

As you explained, perhaps for /dev/video0, the method will be
console.perms (I don't know how to do it, but i'll take a look in
google), and for /dev/ttyACM0, the method will be udev (as with
console.perms, I don't know how to do it).

If somebody can put examples for the two cases, I'll apreciate a lot.

Thanks

--
    Samuel Díaz García
     Director Gerente