Dynamic DNS and failed journal

Brian Chadwick brianchad at westnet.com.au
Mon Jul 31 08:37:36 UTC 2006

Thanks for your comment Paul

The thing is, when bind chroots, it should have writeable access to its
own /var/named, which as far as the host is concerned, is actually
/var/named/chroot/var/named.

its needs to know where to load its zone information from, ie.
/var/named, then chroots.

I cant see how that should be a problem for bind to write to its own
/var/named directory. Anyway I tried it, and changed options directory
/var/named to /var/named/slaves .... naturally, bind couldnt find zone
information ...

I suspect there is something more intriguing afoot.

Thanks anyway :)