OT: knowledgebase application

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 11:05:45 UTC 2006

On 7/29/06, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
> > I am also looking for something similar for private use, i.e., not to
> > be published on the web. Is there such a tool? And since I am not a
> > programmer, I would like to have something simple regarding its
> > operation.
>
> Wikis don't have to run on public web servers; you could run it equally
> well on your desktop box for your own private use.

I have just learned that MoinMoin has a Desktop edition:

http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/DesktopEdition

(maybe the maintainer of it on extras repository could also make the
Desktop edition available on the same repository).

There is also Zim:

http://zoidberg.student.utwente.nl/zim/

but it is a pain to install it, or at least I was not able to do so.
And by the way, has somebody here been successful with installing it?
Or does somebody know of some rpm of it for FC5?

Paul