FC5: problem with pci/e video card "ati rage theatre"

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 22:11:47 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 09:00 -0600, Robin Laing wrote:
> Joachim Backes wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > having running FC5 on an ASUS board A8R-MVP (no AGP, but PCI express).
> > My video card
> > ATI Rage Theatre is not completely recognized (lcpci):
> >
> > 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device 71c0
> > 01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device 71e0,
> >
> > and after calling system-config-display the video card is only
> > configured for VESA mode.
> >
> > Is there any depository for fitting drivers?
> >
> > Any advice appreciated.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Joachim Backes
> >
> As ATI provides drivers, check their site.  You may get one that works.
>
> Also check Livna for an RPM.

I have yet to go wrong with the advice on this site. Nary a burp in the
barrel here:  Fedora Core 5 Installation Notes
My nVidea works pretty much flawlessly by using his advice, but be sure
to not skip over any step! I cut and paste line by line his procedures
and have yet to go wrong. Stanton is some sort of systems angel in my
book. Ric

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256