Podcasting client

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 22:36:04 UTC 2006

On 7/6/06, Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:
> > > Can someone please recommend to me a podcasting client? I have tried
> > > kpodder, but it does not work fine here. I have also tried to install
> > > castpodder, but there are some other packages that I have to install
> > > previously and I cannot find them.
> >
> > When I try to install CatPodder, I get the following:
> >
> > Resolving Dependencies
> > --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
> > ---> Package CastPodder.noarch 0:5.0-1.0.2006.0bgn set to be updated
>
> Which CastPodder are you using? The one from FE certainly works
>
> > --> Running transaction check
> > --> Processing Dependency: wxPythonGTK for package: CastPodder
> > --> Processing Dependency: pyxmms for package: CastPodder
> > --> Processing Dependency: pythonlib for package: CastPodder
> > --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> > Error: Missing Dependency: wxPythonGTK is needed by package CastPodder
> > Error: Missing Dependency: pyxmms is needed by package CastPodder
> > Error: Missing Dependency: pythonlib is needed by package CastPodder
> >
> > Where from can one get the missing packages?
>
> They should all be in FE. Have a look at the FC ftp site
> (download.fedora.redhat.com). I know pyxmms is under FC5.
>
> Please, if you're using the Fedora Extras versions and find this sort of
> problem, report it on Bugzilla so I can sort the problem out.

Thanks, Paul. I knew that you were trying to import CastPodder into
FE, but I was never successful with installing it with 'yum install
castpodder'. However, I just found out that it works with 'yum install
CastPodder' (with some capital letters). Therefore, I suggest yum to
accept also 'yum install castpodder' (without capital letters), as it
usually works with other programs. CastPodder now almost works fine
here, as I am getting the errors detailed in the attached screen-shot.

Paul