Kernel Differences Woes

Rod Haper rhaper at houston.rr.com
Mon Jun 5 03:53:16 UTC 2006

Kam Leo wrote:

> Build/compile your own kernel. It's not that hard to do. You can
> either use the fedora core .src.rpm or get the latest source straight
> from http://www.kernel.org.

Oh, I've built custom kernels many, many times to support unusual
hardware and to pare down the size by eliminating unused features and
device drivers.  That was one the first things I tried with this
problem.  But even tossing in the kitchen sink doesn't fix the problem.
   Built-in or loadable modules doesn't have any effect either.  I think
it has something to do with the udev changes which occurred in the late
1300's or early 1400's kernels.

--
Rod