Evolution updates breaking Exchange?

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Thu Jun 8 18:18:03 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 11:04 -0700, psnider at adelphia.net wrote:
> ---- Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 12:59 -0400, Bob Chiodini wrote:
> >
> > > As a workaround, I configured IMAP and fetchmail to POP the mail from
> > > the exchange server into a local IMAP store.  I have not seen any
> > > further problems, so far, with evolution as the IMAP client.
> >
> > Note that exchange includes its own imap server which may or
> > may not be activated.  If it is, you can configure evolution
> > as an IMAP client directly against the exchange server.  You'll
> > lose the address book and calendar but mail should work - and
> > be a bit faster.
>
> I'm experiencing imap interface problems.  After updating to the latest, connecting to the exchange server, evolution now pops up a dialogue box with 'Error while Refreshing folder.  Server unexpectedly disconnected: Unknown error'  Of course, prior to updating evolution was connecting without a problem.
>
> -pete

Pete,

I had the same problem, but it was related to the new dovecot upgrade.
I had to put my dovecot.conf entries into the dovecot.conf.rpmnew file
as well as uncomment the following line in dovecot.conf.rpmnew

#pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv

Obviously had to rename dovecot.conf.rpmnew to dovecot.conf and then
restart dovecot with "service dovecot restart"

After this mine worked perfectly

Good luck

Greg