FC4 or FC5

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Sun Jun 11 19:21:35 UTC 2006

bruce wrote:
> given the state of things right now.. should someone use FC4 of go ahead and
> go to FC5?

Totally depends on what you want to do.  If you want to be absolutely
bleeding edge, FC5 is for you - warts and all.

I also like that the latest versions of GNOME and Firefox and so on are
in FC5.  I run FC5 when I run FC at all.  Normally I run RHEL though.

> also, can someone who's knowlegable tell me which version of RHEL is
> comparable to FC4 and/or FC5?

RHEL 4 is roughly equivalent to FC3/FC4.  RHEL 5 will be similar to what
you see in FC5.

Thomas