Timed and automatic login not longer automatic

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Jun 12 21:59:59 UTC 2006

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 22:49, Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>> The only security related problem that I see with gdm and auto-login is
>> if you allow X logins remotely using gdm.
>
> But what if you want thin-client terminals to come up as
> kiosks automatically?

That sort of usage would be great for remote auto-login.

I never considered remote logins to be a security problem before. I
would not like my account to have auto-login enabled via a remote
connection. I hope the default is for remote logins to be disallowed.

Whenever the development version is configurable again, I'll check
whether it is disabled. (Configuration problem actually caused by
something other than gdm railing cpu usage when the program is launched.)

Jim

--
Lackland's Laws:
	(1) Never be first.