Gaim annoyances

Mon Jun 12 23:26:41 UTC 2006

Hello everyone,

I've been using gaim for quite some time now and have been figuring
out how to get around some features that I find annoying. I would
really appreciate it if you guys can share how I may be able to maybe
get around them.

Annoyance No. 1: Mute sounds by default.

I can't seem to find where this may be disabled or not. I'm not so
keen to the idea of my headset beeping whenever I log in to gaim and
forgot to mute the sounds.

Annoyance No. 2: No more flashing of the IM window when there's a new message

The flashing is too distractive. I don't know if this is a GNOME or a
gaim feature though.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Stand before it and there is no beginning.
Follow it and there is no end.