FC4 or FC5

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 18 23:39:49 UTC 2006

From: "Michael" <mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu>

> One thing I hate that I think could be improved on. Important icons that
> are on the desktop which you can only reach my closing or minimizing all
> the windows open on top of it. Doh. The desktop is obviously an
> application like any other so it should behave like any other. Let's
> have a tab for it just as we do for other applications. Special cases
> are usually a bad idea.

Ah - er - I thought there was a "put all the other applications away
and show the desktop" button that also does a "restore the screen to
the way it was before this button was pressed to hide all the
applications." You may need to explore a little more.

Even AmigaDOS grew that feature. (And if all the other looks and feels
are not to your fancy there IS a functional AmigaDOS shell for X-Windows.
So you might as well include that in your list of GUIs you don't like,
too.)

{^_-}