LAMP on Fedora

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Thu Jun 22 00:42:25 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 12:10 -0700, Tom Spec wrote:
> Does anyone have any pros/cons of installing MySQL/Apache/PHP with
> yum/rpms vs compiling it all from source?   I have always done them
> from source, but I thought I'd see what other people are doing.  Do
> you think there would be any difference in performance either way?

I have always used the distribution method of install (yum for Fedora)
and it "just works".

I did not want the hassle of trying to do it from scratch and maybe
forgetting to install a library/development package that was needed but
easily overlooked.

Probably an insignificant difference in performance, if any.