yum borked

magicus magicus at snet.net
Sun Jun 25 15:30:15 UTC 2006

Mark Panen wrote:
> Hi
>
> My yum stopped responding and i could not reach a mirror at all, so i
> deleted my yum.conf file and tried :
> wget http://www.fedorafaq.org/samples/yum.conf
> but the yum.conf file on there server does not exist.
>
> How can i get my yum to work again ?

It looks like it is there now, here's a copy from that site:

# This is the fedorafaq.org yum.conf for Fedora Core 5.
#
# Note that you also need the rest of the configuration
# as described at http://www.fedorafaq.org/#yumconf
[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
keepcache=0
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=redhat-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
obsoletes=1
# Don't check keys for localinstall
gpgcheck=0
plugins=1
metadata_expire=1800
# Changed this because some mirrors go down and then
# re-trying takes forever.
timeout=7

# PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo
# in /etc/yum.repos.d

Next time COPY the file somewhere else before you delete it. :-)

--

Music: http://www.myspace.com/acidredux

Links: http://del.icio.us/furlan

Home:  http://flprim.us/index.html

"Play--more than piety, more than charity or vigilance--is what allows
human beings to transcend evil."
-- Tom Robbins (Jitterbug Perfume)