anyone else having weird networking issues with the latest FC5 (2.6.17) kernel?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 27 07:09:47 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 10:45 -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:
> I think use of the "HWADDR=" bit in the ifcfg-ethX file ties a
> specific NIC to an ethX name.  That's why it's there in the first
> place.

It should do, but I've seen it blithely ignored.  There's a protest,
somewhere in a log, but the network configuration carried on working as
if the hardware MAC were never put into the configuration.

e.g. When I've pulled a NIC out of the box, and put another one in.

I read messages from the public lists.