CPU frequency scaling monitor applet

Mitja Mihelic mitja.mihelic at cosylab.com
Tue Jun 27 15:21:24 UTC 2006

Yes, it would seem I have forgotten to fill you in on the whole story. I
apologise.
What I meant was:
I am running FC5 (last updated a week ago) on an intel centrino based
notebook.
The applet version is 2.4.12.
I have read all the available help on the applet, but the applet itself
does not seem to work the way I expect it to.
I (left)click on it, selecet Governors, select performance. And nothing
happens.
When I slide the mouse pointer over the applet it displays, that the
userspace governor is the currently active one.
When I try to set the CPUspeed to something it does not always obey, but
when it does, it's only for a short time.
I simply can't get it do what I want.

So my question is: Is this how it is supposed to (mis)behave or am I
missing some little detail.

Cheers.