Fedora Installation Fails with USB 2.2 Driver Error on Certain Motherboards

Deepak Shrestha d88pak at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 01:32:42 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Recently I tried to install Fedora 5 in one of the computer in my LAN and it
failed with strange errors.
Something like: ( I couldn't provide the exact because its screen full of
error and I don't know how to get the dump:
ed={hex} ds={hex} .......
.
kernel_helper (......).....
continue on (120) seconds {countdown} ...
next continue on (120) seconds {countdown} ...
which never continues after that. This happens after booting the computer
with boot disk and when  vmlinuz starts.

Since this strange error surprised me, I tried to check if Fedora 4 can be
installed in this machine. But when I boot, error occurs at the same point
but with different message

Somethin like:
-----------------------------------
USB 2.2 driver ............
-----------------------------------
I have tried all the machines in my LAN but Fedora 4 or 5 fails only in this
machine. I am suspecting its the motherboard because I recently changed the
motherboard for this machine.

Specs of this particular machine is:
CPU: Inter Celeron 1.8 GHz
Motherboard: AsRock P4i45GV Prescott 533
Memory: 512 MB
HDD: 40GB

Any Idea? Do you think its Motherboard?

NOTE: Windows Installation is working fine in this machine without any
errors

Thanks