Screensavers - Removing

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Mar 1 02:20:18 UTC 2006

Ross A. Osborn wrote:
> Analogkid wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to remove a specific screensaver?  There are just a
>> couple which I prefer not to have, or which my vid card doesn't
>> display very well.
>>
>> Do I need to edit a config file?  Or can I rm the program itself?  If
>> they can be removed, where are they stored?
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> Pete
>>

> I would also like to know how to do this.  My kids like to go into the
> preferences screen and play around to see what they all do.
> Unfortunately the Web Collage screensaver downloads images at random
> from the Web.  Many of these images should not be on a screen where
> small children are or in a work environment.  I don't consider myself a
> prude but I do think this one should be removed.
>
> Ross

Usually you run xscreensaver-demo and uncheck the screensavers that you
do not want.

using noof and collage as a search, the below came up for files.
Webcollage is the screensaver that you really do not want on your
system, I suppose.

Jim

   locate noof
/usr/libexec/xscreensaver/noof
/usr/share/applnk/System/ScreenSavers/noof.desktop
/usr/share/gimp/2.0/help/images/tool-options/gradient-nooffset.png
/usr/share/man/man1/noof.1.gz
/usr/share/xscreensaver/config/noof.xml
[root at localhost ~]# locate collage
/usr/libexec/xscreensaver/webcollage-helper
--
Well fix that in the next (upgrade, update, patch release, service pack).