udev not running script (Was: Hotplug not running script)

Mariano López Reta mlreta at alternativagratis.com
Wed Mar 8 23:58:05 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 09:27 -0300, Mariano López Reta wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I want to add a script execution when I connect my PDA, and wrote a
> script that should be invoked by hotplug, placing it
> on /etc/hotplug/usb. I also added the .usermap file to /etc/hotplug/usb
> directory. It contains the vendor and product IDs as reported
> on /proc/bus/usb/drivers.
>
> But it does not run. Is something I'm missing here?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mariano Lopez Reta

Hello, all

After some investigation, I concluded that I should be using udev
instead of hotplug. So, I edited /etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev.rules, and
added the following line:

ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{product}=="45e/ce/0", RUN+="/etc/udev/scripts/ipaq.sh"

Still no cigar, tho. I checked what happens with udevmonitor, and the values (ACTION, SUBSYSTEM and PRODUCT) are correct.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mariano Lopez Reta