where to submit upgrade suggestions for "extras"?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Mar 20 11:09:10 UTC 2006

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   where's the proper forum (bugzilla?) to suggest newer versions of
> software to be added to repos like "extras?"  e.g., lua-5.1 has been
> out for almost a month (http://www.lua.org/home.html), but "extras"
> still contains only 5.0.2.

As a package maintainer in Extras myself, I would say that the right
think to do would be to raise an RFE in Extras Bugzilla.

If you're really a bugzilla-phobe and want a simpler approach, you could
try emailing the maintainer directly. A list of maintainers can be found at:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/describecomponents.cgi?product=Fedora+Extras

However, some maintainers might not be happy with (or might at least
ignore) such mail, that really ought to be sent using bugzilla.

Paul.