FC5 - Intel 945GM not working

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Mon May 1 10:04:39 UTC 2006

Marcel Groner wrote:

> I just downloaded i915-20060403-linux.i386.tar.bz2 and installed it and
> it works replacing "vesa" driver with "i810", thanks alot! I setup xorg
> with external monitor using the Xinerama option. But it seems that 3D
> acceleration is not working:
>
> # glxinfo | grep rendering
> direct rendering: No
>
> is that because of the Xinerama option or do I have to enable something
> in my xorg.conf to enable direct rendering?

You can come at this another way.  I went to the development repo and
got these:

xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.0.99.901-6
xorg-x11-drv-i810-1.6.0-1
mesa-libGL-6.5-4
mesa-libGL-devel-6.5-4

Afterwards i810 was happy and I had some crappy 3D accel ~600fps in
glxgears.  YMMV!  Evil repo munging abominations!  Take care if you
attempt to duplicate.

xv goes wrong after a few plays of video, still functions but there is a
blue halo around stuff and the colours are broken.  Still it's clear FC6
will be supporting it if we don't see xorg updates during FC5.

-Andy