Gnome Panel Auto-Hide

Bob Chiodini rchiodin at bellsouth.net
Mon May 1 14:01:37 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 09:56 +0100, Leon wrote:
> "Ali Helmy" <alihelmy at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hey lads,
> >
> > I turned on Auto-Hide for my gnome top-panel and then resized the
> > auto-hide to 0 pxs, and it worked fine... however, when I restarted
> > the computer and logged back in, it doesn't work anymore... turning
> > auto-hide on or off has no effect what so ever, and it stays this way
> > and i cant get it to function again
>
> Likely a bug.
>
> --
> Leon

Ali and Leon,

I see situations where the auto-hide capability stops functioning after
starting some apps.  VMWare comes to mind.  Usually I can click in some
blank area of the panel and auto-hide starts functioning again, when the
cursor leaves the panel.

This is related to the bottom panel.  I've never tried hiding the top
one.

Bob...