fstab missing line

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 1 23:18:06 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 11:22 -0500, Jeff Vian wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 09:17 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> > Aaron Konstam wrote:

> snip

> > > This is the whole point . You should not have to do that in FC5.
> > > What function of CD access do you not see without that line in fstab?
> > >
> > I don't recall the precise sequence of events but no doubt I attempted
> > to "mount /dev/hdc" and the cd to "/media/cdrecorder" as I am accustomed
> > to doing since FC4 and trying to look at a directory listing ...
> >
> > I had other odd things happen with this FC5 installation and thought it
> > was merely related to those peculiarities?  In fact I did the
> > installation twice since it did not offer me a chance to select the
> > applications I wanted?  I had installed FC5 from the same DVD on another
> > computer via my LAN connection while this one ran FC4 and that went as
> > expected, a normal install without problems.
> >
> So did you do a clean install here?  or was it an upgrade?
>
> There are some inconsistencies that are seen when doing an upgrade
> because not everything gets put in place new.  Old configuration files,
> some of the binaries that do not get removed, etc.
>
> On my FC5 system done as a clean install the creation of the directories
> and mounting of the cdrom gets done as expected.
>

> > Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia   w2bod

Well something is clearly wrong with my machine. I did a clean install.
I have two CD-s. One cd recorder and one just cd reader. Also a floppy.
But only a /media/cdrom was created and no automounting of data CD-s
happens. So what is wrong do you all think?
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>