[Fwd: Re: Open Letter: How the FOSS Community May Help Disabled Users]

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Tue May 2 18:46:51 UTC 2006

On Tue, May 02, 2006 22:55:07 PM +0930, Tim
(ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au) wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 06:55 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > Again no one is insisting anyone should do anything
>
> Well, actually the poster was. They were trying to convince LUGs to
> do something that they weren't doing.
>
> > So where is the problem in informing people of this need.
>
> There is a difference between making information public, and from
> going on a crusade.

We wouldn't have a GPL and all the related software without some
little crusade now and then. Software (especially of the "free as in
freedom" kind is just a tool, not a purpose.

Said this, I hope I have already (re) explained completely what my
"insting" actually is in the other reply I sent a few minutes ago.

I have no problems to face critics, otherwise I wouldn't come out with
such ideas on a forum with my real name and email address. However, I
honestly believe I, you and others are starting to repeating
ourselves. I am at least, since I _have_ said everything I had to say
and explain.

So, unless there is some really new comments or requests, I'll stop
here. Of course, everybody interested in continuing the discussion
privately is welcome to contact me.

	Ciao,
		Marco

--

Marco Fioretti mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 5 for low memory http://www.rule-project.org/

A good man is intelligent, and a bad man is also an idiot. Moral and
intellectual characteristics go together - Jorge Luis Borges