Kernel Update

Joel Gomberg obligor11-fedora at yahoo.com
Thu May 4 04:37:59 UTC 2006

Dave Jones wrote:
> On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 08:06:40PM -0700, jdow wrote:
>
>  > >Reverting to version 2.6.16-1.2069_FC5 is probably the least hassle-free
>  > >way to resolve these at the moment.
>  > >
>  > >Thank you!  Is there and easy way to get the original kernel to boot
>  > >instead of defaulting to the new one?
>  >
>  > It's all in "info grub" if you can figure any of that gibberish out.
>  > (When is SOMEBODY going to make that trash readable, anyway.)
>  >
>  > I just go in to /boot/grub/grub.conf and make what appear to be some
>  > obvious edits.
>
> Biggest suspect right now to a lot of the problems with
> this update is the MSI changes.  If booting with pci=nomsi
> makes problems go away, I'd like to hear about it, along
> with output of lspci.

Booting with pci=nomsi didn't work for me.  The first failure was on
finding ip information for eth0, but cups also failed.  I killed the
boot process after a bunch of these failures, so I don't have any lspci
output for you.  The init for syslogd also failed, so there isn't
anything in /var/log/messages.

--
Joel