Custom DSDT in FC5

Patrick fedora at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri May 5 17:11:44 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 12:34 -0400, Charlie McVeigh wrote:
> Quick question for the board - Does FC5 support or have an easy
> mechanism for loading a customized DSDT at boot time?  I need to load a
> customized DSDT that will allow the battery monitor and CPU freq apps to
> work on an Acer 5002WLMi laptop.
>
> With FC4 I able to get a patched kernel and instructions from
> http://people.redhat.com/linville/kernels/dsdt/ and have the battery and
> cpu freq apps work correctly.  However, I don't see any FC5 kernels at
> that site - so I was wondering if this functionality is built into the
> stock FC5 kernel.

When I still had FC4 on my Acer Ferrari 4005 I took the kernel srpm,
added the patches from http://gaugusch.at/kernel.shtml rebuild the
kernel and installed it. Then created a fixed DSDT with the help of
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=122145

Surprisingly FC5 does understand my battery so I don't need to mess with
the DSDT anymore but the above should also work for an FC5 kernel. Not
really an easy way though...

Regards,
Patrick