Setting default paper size in Gnome FC5

Gavin Simpson ucfagls at googlemail.com
Fri May 5 17:43:54 UTC 2006

Hi,

How do you set the default paper size used by Gnome print dialogues in
say Evolution and Evince? It currently defaults to US Letter but
seeing as I am neither in the US nor have access to US Letter sized
paper I'd like to use A4 instead. My locale is currently en_GB-UTF8
and the printers I'm printing to are set to print to A4, and do so
when I change the paper size in the print dialogue, but I have to do
this everytime. Is there anywhere to change this globally in Gnome?

TIA,

Gav