FC5 on Toshiba Tecra A6 (hangs when booting at udev)

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Fri May 5 22:14:04 UTC 2006

At 9:12 AM +1200 5/6/06, Simon wrote:
>Hi Tony,
>
>On 5/6/06, Tony Nelson <tonynelson at georgeanelson.com> wrote:

>> Maybe it's not udev but the next thing after udev runs.  Have you tried
>> booting without "rhgb quiet"?  More messages might show up.
>>
>> I assume that you are still running the original kernel, and not the
>> problematic 2107 kernel.
>
>I seem to remember that "rhgb quiet" is already in the kernel line...
>so yes. Also, i just downloaded the latest DVD image and installed
>that - so what ever kernel that installed by default.

Exactly.  Have you tried booting without that?  You'll get more output.
You may see messages after udev that way, if udev is not the culprit.
Either press the "any" key while grub is waiting during boot and follow the
suggestions, or edit /boot/grub/grub.conf to remove "rhgb quiet" from the
active stanza.