volgroup00 boot conflict - PROBLEMO SOLVED

teicah teicah at isp.com
Fri May 5 23:06:29 UTC 2006

> # 2 linux boxes (FC5 & FC4) - not networked
> # want to copy data from older box to newer
> # set old hdd as slave in newer box
> # get kernel panic b/c both hdd use lvm w/volgroup00 !?

Who says three-somes don't payoff?

An ancient third-3GB hard drive (I had forgotten about it) came to the
rescue:

1- shutdown -h now
2- plug FC4 hd as master & old 3GB drive as slave
3- move data from FC4 drive to old 3GB drive
4- repeat 1
5- plug FC5 hd as master & keep old 3GB drive as slave
6- copy data from old 3GB drive to FC5 drive
7- happy camper

total time <10mins - :)