Chinese fonts in FC5

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat May 6 05:26:11 UTC 2006

Paul ZHU wrote:

> e.g, when I type "zhong",the first 9 characters“中种重终众钟忠衷肿“,the
> 2nd 9 characters”仲種終锺眾盅踵冢忪“the 3rd“鐘腫鍾塚妐蹱緟舯螽”
> and the fourth “妕媑尰幒彸堹狆㲴䱰",so you see in the fourth set, the
> first and 4th and some other display a rectangular square with code like
> "5995","5E52","3CB4",etc.

At first blush this seems to be a font issue/regression.

In the Sans font of RHELv4 there is only one "zhong" that is missing a
glyph.  That would be "fa10".

This is going to take a little bit of research to see what other are
missing and potentially why.  You probably should consider filing a bug
report.

> now, I found that why from the second set  characters, it is displayed
> with traditional Chinese characters (with some duplications with first
> set.), something wrong here. maybe it because I installed both
> Simplified and Traditional?

That should not be a problem...  However, it would probably be nice one
could assign SCIM input different fonts based on the IM selected.

Ed

--
Don't force it, get a larger hammer.
		-- Anthony