The new kernel 2.6.16-1.2111 - nice

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat May 6 09:35:54 UTC 2006

And another problem, not really related to 2111.  I'd rebooted to 2096,
and installed fglrx and yumex.  fglrx was a BIG mistake as it locked the
machine, requiring a power switch reboot 6 or 7 times before I got rid
of enough of it, and had hand edited xorg.conf to restore.
system-config-display wrecks it every time.

Now I've also removed the synaptics drivers, trying to get rid of the
crazy effects it can do when typing and your hand or a finger gets
within an inch of this damned touchpad and all of a sudden your curser
has moved to someplace else on the screen.  But even after rebooting
again after removal of the drivers, I still have a touchpad, but now it
complains about synch losses.

Do I have to make the dealer disconnect it to get rid of it?

And I apologize for the loss of apparent threading in this message,
between thunderbird and this $#@^& touchpad, its very difficult to
format the message like it should be, and becomes much easier to just
delete the previous contents.  I sure wish I could make kmail work again.

--
Cheers, Gene