Asterisk and AMP RPM's

Bruno Wolff III bruno at
Sat May 6 14:40:30 UTC 2006

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 14:16:29 -0700,
  Kenneth Porter <shiva at> wrote:
> On Friday, May 05, 2006 12:17 PM -0700 Kenneth Porter
> I just pulled the latest Asterisk ( from Subversion and it still
> has the completely unusable spec file in the redhat subdirectory.
> Looks like one has to go to 3rd parties instead:
> <>
> <>

I used the src rpms here, to build asterisk on my home machine:
After the install you have to do the zaptel and asterisk config files yourself
as only samples are place in /etc and not where they could be picked up by
asterisk or the zaptel management tools. The udev stuff gets done correctly.

Also of interest, is that there is a post security update of asterisk
by the Debian. See: