PCTEL modem on FC5?

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sat May 6 19:30:33 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-06 at 11:20 -0700, Globe Trotter wrote:
> So, I am off again on a trip, and wanted to avoid logging into windoze at any
> cost...does anyone know if PCTEL modem can be made to work on FC5? What is
> required?
>
> I noticed that livna has a  slmodem-alsa RPM. Is anything else required?
>
> Many thanks and best wishes,
> Trotter

I don't know what you currently have installed, nor what drivers you
have.
You might try www.linmodems.org for direct support and drivers for most
modems.  Some that have been out a while are available elsewhere, but
IFAICT that site is the source for most of the drivers for the newer
software (win-modem) modems.

HTH
Jeff