FC5 mp3 ripping

David Fletcher fc at fletchersweb.net
Sun May 7 19:46:52 UTC 2006

I previously had this working with FC4 (my previous thread on the subject was
called "An mp3 ripping yarn")

With FC5 I've followed the same method to get Sound Juicer ripping:-

rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-5.rpm
yum install gstreamer08-plugins-extra-audio

Add the mp3 profile:-
Add new profile and name it MP3.
Then press Edit
and set GStreamer Pipeline to
audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! lame name=enc
I also tried
audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! lame name=enc preset=1002

Then set the File Extenstion to mp3 and checked Active.

It goes through the motions but the resulting files won't play on xmms.

The mp3 files I ripped with the same Sound Juicer setup on FC4 play just fine
with xmms on FC5 (I did yum install xmms-mp3).

Can anybody tell me what's wrong please? Is it the Gstreamer Pipeline string?

Dave Fletcher

--
Registered Linux user number 393408

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763