fc5: install everything?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon May 8 19:50:23 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 12:16 -0700, Benjamin Franz wrote:
> On Mon, 8 May 2006, Mark Haney wrote:
> >>
> > [Flame ahead] It's quite obvious that if you like the 'install
> > everything' option that you've never really worried too much about disk
> > space or security for your servers.  Who /needs/ KDE and GNOME on a
> > server?  Matter of fact, who /needs/ everything on a desktop?  Sounds
> > extremely lazy and inefficient to me.
> >
> > [I now step down from my soapbox and move on to other things.]
>
> [Sarcasm]
>
> It's quite obvious that if you _FILL IN RELIGIOUS ISSUE HERE_ you've
> _INSULT OTHER PERSON'S COMPETENCY_. Who /needs/ _FILL IN SPECIFIC THING I
> DON'T NEED MYSELF_. Matter of fact, who /needs/, _FILL IN GENERALITY I
> DON'T NEED MYSELF_. Sounds _INSULT OTHER PERSON'S WORK HABITS_.
>
> [/Sarcasm]
----
I hate to say this but this hasn't been a constructive thread.

Those who state that they will switch to SuSE because of this should do
so. Since it is too late to do anything about it now, FC-5 has already
been released, does this mean that if the option is back with FC-6
installer that you will be back?

There's a feedback mechanism, it's called Bugzilla.

This is a user list...whining here is merely pissing in the wind.

Craig