adsl-start problem

Rob Brown-Bayliss uncertain.genius at gmail.com
Mon May 8 20:36:59 UTC 2006

On 5/8/06, Thad Nielsen <paroikos at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> Rob, you might check dmesg and messages in /var/log/ to see if there
> is anything relevant.  If you haven't very recently updated
> everything, then you could especially look for avc messages in case
> there may be a permissions issue.

Nothing.  no problems noticed in dmesg, looking back through
/var/log/messages all I can see is the errors from pppd on t he boots
when it does not establish a link, on the boots where it does there
are no messages from pppd.

what I don't understand is the odd and even booting thing, and why I
have to re run the adsl-setup each time, and then after having done
that the need for a reboot,  doing

/etc/init.d/network restart

does not work after redoing the setup.

--