sendmail problem

Mike.Kent at indystar.com Mike.Kent at indystar.com
Mon May 8 22:29:06 UTC 2006

Thanks. I tried your suggestion, adding localhost and
localhost.localdomain into local-host-names, restarted sendmail and
neither sendmail -bt -d0 < /dev/null nor mail to helocheck at cbl.abuseat.org
showed any change. Both still say sendmail's ID is localhost.localdomain.

Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>
Sent by: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com
05/08/06 05:43 PM
Please respond to
For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>

For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
cc
fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com
Subject
Re: sendmail problem

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 16:21, Mike.Kent at indystar.com wrote:
> Thank you very much. This would work if we didn't want to use
> sendmail.mc - unfortunately my team does want to use the configuration
> file, and we can't figure out what's keeping masquerade_as from
> working with Fedora 4 when it worked fine with previous releases,
> including Red Hat 9. Can anyone shed light on why this happened?

Masquarade_as is applied only to things where the From: address
is configured to be accepted as local. Do you have the domains
that aren't being rewritten in /etc/mail/local-hostnames?  (You
have to restart sendmail after a change on that file).

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com