Anyone have an ATI X800XL that displays properly?

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Mon May 8 22:46:40 UTC 2006

I have an ASUS A7N8X mobo with an NForce2 chipset and a Samsung Syncmaster
900p CRT.
I just got an ATI X800XL AGP8X thinking that it would work in FC4 and I can
only get it to display 2D X in eye-bleeding VESA mode after going through
all the diagnostic steps triggered when X won't start. There was no X800XL
listed and picking the other X800s didn't work.

I tried the fglrx driver from livna too but that seems to drive my monitor
out of spec eventhough it looks like the Hsync and Vsync are correct in my
xorg.conf

If you have this or a close configuration working, please post your
xorg.conf as this 60 Hz refresh is driving me nuts.

Thanks,
/Mike