fc5: install everything?

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon May 8 23:57:52 UTC 2006

Frank Samuelson wrote:
> Because you can never beat a dead horse enough...
>
> I'm going to chime in that the loss of the "Install Everything"
> button is a big loss for Fedora.
    I think the everything means ALL languges and a bunch of stuff I
will never use. But I loaded the "Work Station" which in the old days
meant you could compile a new kernel and did often. I discovered I had
to yum the compiler stuff and it was ok but slow.

    So if I do it again I will choose to select my own. I can get all
the things I use like the "joe editor" and maybe even get my gMFSK to
work on FC5.

Karl